Friday, May 21, 2010

Week Two Reflection

The second week of senior project was very self driven. I spent a majority of my time practicing and working on my CD case. Although I did spend a lot of time on my own, I was able to record a satisfied amount. I found that I cannot stress my voice, so taking a break for a couple days has been a benefit. My goal for this week was to basically record enough to place me in a good position for the final week of senior project. Since recording a lot this week was hard to accomplish, I decided to shift my goals around. I worked on my CD case and self evaluation that I was supposed to start next week. This way, I am able to confidently complete the rest of the recording at the beginning of next week. I am very pleased with my work this week even though it did not turn out how I had originally planned.

I really enjoyed this week, recording and creating my CD case. It was nice to switch up my activities and work on the presentation of my CD. Through the help of Brenda Godwin and Andrew Landers I have successfully created a CD cover. The cover grasps everything I had envisioned. I am truly confident in my senior project now that I have completed more than half of my recordings and album cover.

In the first three days of this week, I worked diligently on recording. Bill and I recorded as much as we could until he had to depart on Thursday. In the last two days of this week that I did not spend in the studio, I still found myself diligently working on my CD case. Although this was not my original plan, it seemed to work. I was actually surprised as to how this did work out because I was doubting myself at the beginning of the week. The benefit from my work this week would be that I was able to switch the pieces of my project around so that I would complete my goals without losing time. I spent a total of 16 hours working this week, averaging 3.2 hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment