Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week two: Day 8


Today I woke up to a dull sky and pouring rain. I got to the recording studio around 9:00am and did a quick warm up with Bill. For the next two and a half hours we worked on "Here's Where I Stand." This song is very fun to sing, though it is very difficult. The words repeat many times, but the notes are different. The score is nine pages long and very overwhelming, though we managed to get quite a few tracks down. I am starting to realize the time that this project needs cannot be crunched if you want perfection. You pay attention to every single note sung. I was able to take some pictures today, I wanted to show my readers a visual of what I have been up to. In the top left is myself with headphones on, a music stand, a big microphone, and to my right (the stand that says: "AVIOM") is where I can control the volume of myself singing and the volume of the background music. If Bill wants to talk to me, but he is in the other room, he can see me through a window (below), and talk through an intercom that will speak into my headphones. The building is a building within itself, meaning you cannot hear the noises outside. Below I have another picture of the control room, where all the engineering is done. As I sit next to Bill in the control room, I am amazed as to how this system works. It takes a lot of skill and patience with the programs and technology Proctor has invested in. I am so thrilled to be working in such a magnificent place. Tomorrow I will not be singing, I will be working on my CD case cover...hopefully getting that finished before the weekend. Only 4 more days of senior project:(

Total hours today: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment