Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 1

Today was the first day of my senior project. I began at 9:00am in the recording studio, reviewing the songs that I choose for my CD. I recorded my first track, a couple lines of "Only Hope," as a test to become more comfortable with the head piece and microphone. I then went over "You Raise Me Up" with Bill to make sure that it was in the right key. From 11:00am to 12:30pm I used a practice room to go over "Amazing Grace" and "You Raise Me Up." We are still trying to find background music for my songs, but I believe that I will be able to find a guitarist for "Amazing Grace." After lunch, I returned to the recording studio (1:45pm to 3:15pm) to use the loud microphone on all of my songs. Bill and I spent a great deal of time on "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going." It is a very hard song to learn, and will be the most difficult for me in this project. I learned a lot today about recording and time you need to spend in order to complete different parts of the final product. I spent a total of five hours in the studio today, the exact amount of the time I need to spend in order to fulfill my requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment