Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week Two: Day 7

Today was successful..I got right to work at 8:15am with Bill by warming up my voice with a couple onsets. Then I sang through "You Raise Me Up" as a warm up and then went right to recording. Although it was still early, I managed to pull through two recordings today: "Hero" and "Only Hope." We are going to edit them and hopefully they will work out. I left the studio after that block and went to my dorm to take a nap. I fortunately found someone to help me with my CD case cover, Brenda Godwin. I will meet with her on Thursday and hopefully we will design a layout. I was inspired to embrace my talent of singing at Proctor; therefore, I have decided to name my album "Embrace." This collection of Christian/World songs is finally coming together, and I am very excited to show everyone what I have done. I did not come back to the recording studio until 12:00pm this afternoon and only stayed for a bit to hear Matt Lohan record his amazing multi-instrumental piece. Tomorrow will be a day of great but tough work as I will not be recording again until Monday. I think I am going to take some pictures tomorrow to put up so that everyone can see the process of what I am doing....hours today: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment