Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 5

Wow...I cannot believe the first week of my senior project is already over! Today was by far my most productive day. This morning Bill and I started at 8:15am with warming up my voice with onsets. I found that over the past days I have been in the studio, my voice has been a little hoarse due to the lack of warming up I have done. We used "You Raise Me Up" as warm up song, going over it a couple times. It is coming out very nicely and I am excited to see how it turns out. We then went straight to my favorite song, "Here's Where I Stand." We do not have background music for these songs yet, but they are both beautiful pieces that Bill has quickly picked up and played for me. As Bill worked with other students, I let my voice rest and then headed to assembly. I then went back into the studio and found myself working on "Amazing Grace." I had originally decided to do this song A Capella, but today my mind changed. The song is great with no instrumentalists, but Matt Lohan (another student recording for his senior project) gladly offered to play along with me on his guitar. I owe a big thanks and shout out to him for helping me today. He is very musically talented and easily picked up the chords for "Amazing Grace." As the song came to the third verse, he joined me in vocals. The song sounded great all together, so we practiced it a couple times and then went to lunch. Following lunch, we recorded "Amazing Grace." We spent about an hour, singing the song many times. We began in the open room, recording side by side. Then Bill put Matt in another room to record the guitar so I would faintly hear it and go at my own tempo. After working with that for a while, Bill put the "reverb" on to help me keep the song at a steady beat. It was amazing how much that helped. I then sat in the control room with Bill while Matt recorded the two last verses. Although the song is not final, progress has been made. I am happy with the work I did today and cannot wait to start back up again on Monday. I received a total of 4.5 hours of work today. Off the write my weekly reflection...

No comments:

Post a Comment